Senior Data Engineer
The Senior Data Engineer, focused on Software and Analytics, will report to the VP of Engineering and be part of a team responsible for the development of our analytical platform. You will help drive the architecture and implementation of a robust, highly performant, and scalable analytical system. The role will require close collaboration with our Bioinformatics team, and involves building data pipelines and relevant backend services. This is a hands-on position, providing the opportunity to build an intelligent, next generation genetic processing and analytical platform that will reimagine how Food Safety is done across the industry!
We offer great opportunities to grow your career! Be part of an exiting, fast growing startup in the biotech sector! You can learn more about us at https://www.clearlabs.com/
- Design and develop a highly performant and highly scalable analytical system to collect, store, process and analyze genomic and food sample metadata, utilizing modern technologies.
- Use GCP's features and apply AI/ML functionality to enhance our analytical capabilities.
- Utilize DDD, Event Sourcing and CQRS to build Microservices and API's for the analytical system.
- Suggest, assess and translate system requirements into implementation designs and data models.
- Ensure excellent quality and test coverage, as well as effective performance.
- Work on timely resolution of issues and other tasks relevant to the position.
Desired Skills and Experience Requirements:
- MS in Computer Sciences
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant software engineering position
- 5+ years hands-on experience with Java/J2EE, Relational databases and NoSQL data stores
- In-depth experience building scalable, distributed Analytical Systems
- Proficient with Predictive Analytics, AI and Machine Learning
- Experience using AWS or GCP
- Comfortable with Linux environments
- Experience building Microservices and API's
- Experience with LIMS or related software systems
- Understanding of Bioinfomatic Pipelines
- Exposure to Genomics and NGS
Clear Labs offers solid Health Care, a 401k Plan, Food Catering, Massages, and an easy-going, open work environment.