Team Lead, Bioinformatics and Data Science
We are seeking a talented and driven Team Lead, Bioinformatics and Data Science to join our disruptive and fast-paced start-up. As the Team Lead, Bioinformatics and Data Science, you will be responsible for conceiving, developing and implementing the analysis algorithms that are at the core of our platform. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and dynamic team player with a proven track record of breakthrough innovation in the development methodologies for the analysis of complex data.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Innovate and advance industry-leading data analysis algorithms.
- Lead the bioinformatics and data analysis efforts for the development and evaluation of analytical pipelines for the platform.
- Inspire, grow and manage a team of talented bioinformatics and data scientists.
- Be a key contributor to product design.
- Develop a robust bioinformatics pipeline and test prior to engineering handoff.
- Build and maintain databases for product and internal R&D activities.
- Partner with other R&D leads in planning and execution of development and validation.
- Support R&D teams for data transformation, analysis, creation of new metrics, and process improvement.
- Document work and create presentations to communicate progress and assist with decision making.
- Provide support for key collaborations.
- Contribute to and author scientific publications.
- Participate in monitoring of customer sites and provide troubleshooting support as needed.
- Interface with other functions to contribute to product literature and educate the field.
- Ph.D. (or equivalent industry experience) in computational biology, bioinformatics, genomics, applied mathematics, or related fields.
- 3 years of experience in a related role.
- Proven track record, working collaboratively with assay development teams to successfully develop and validate products.
- Expertise in artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Exceptional analytical abilities.
- Ability to creatively solve problems.
- Strong foundation in statistical analysis.
- Strong programming skills at the product level; preference for Python.
- Experience with data engineering, and database management.
- Knowledge and experience working with a variety of bioinformatics tools.
- Expertise in whole genome sequencing, targeted sequencing, and RNAseq.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Strong team player who has a willingness to work with and learn from others.
- Data-driven, with ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to deliver under tight timelines.
- 4 hot meals / week
- Extensive medical, vision and dental plans
- Onsite massages once a week
- Monthly happy hours