Senior Software Engineer - Backend
- Develop highly performant and highly scalable Microservices and APIs, such as for device management, data processing, and/or application features.
- Develop and maintain management services for remote DNA Sequencing Machines, including features to control, monitor and upload data.
- Suggest, assess and translate system requirements into designs and data models.
- Be a positive influencer. Mentor other developers in the team, and ensure adherence to coding and testing standards.
- Utilize new technologies and tools, as needed, while helping to build a cohesive system.
- Ensure comprehensive test coverage, effective performance and load tests, timely resolution of issues, and other actions to assure delivery of quality software.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Master Degree in Computer Sciences
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant software engineering position
- In depth experience building software using Java/J2EE and Spring
- Experience designing and implementing Backend Services and GraphQL/GRPC/RESTful-based APIs
- Experience utilizing Relational databases, SQL/ORM concepts, as well as NoSQL data stores
- Experience with Event-Driven Design (Event Sourcing) and CQRS
- Exposure to interacting and sync'ing data with remote devices/clients
- Exposure to creating, optimizing and scaling distributed systems that handle large amounts of data
- Exposure to container-based development (Docker) and modern CI/CD stacks
- Comfortable with Linux environments and Scripting (Bash/Perl)
- Experience with Enterprise SaaS and Big Data Technologies
- Experience building or using LIMS or related software
- Experience with IoT and/or Hardware Devices
- Web Application development and related technologies (HTML5/CSS3)
- Exposure to Genomics or Bioinfomatics
- Exposure to Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning
Keywords: Java, Spring, J2EE, React, Reactive, Python, Kafka, Kinesis, Akka, Spark, GCP, Kubernetes, Bigtable, AWS, S3, MySQL, MongoDB, NodeJS, Cassandra, Redshift, BigQuery, MariaDB, Postres, Redis, Hadoop, Analytics, Big Data, Lambda, LIMS, SQL, Caching, Distributed Systems, Query Engine, Streaming, Spring, SOA, Microservices, REST, GraphQL, GRPC, ActiveMQ, Clustering, Machine Learning, AI