Senior Scientist - Molecular Biology
We are seeking a talented and driven Senior Scientist to join our dynamic interdisciplinary start-up. The successful candidate will be involved in experimental design, performing research and development of new molecular assays, towards molecular characterization of food microorganisms.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Developing new DNA/RNA-based molecular tests in fast-paced product development environment.
- Take a leadership role in projects and make technical contributions independently. Make decisions involving designing, performing, troubleshooting, analyzing and reporting results for development, verification and validation studies.
- Identify, evaluate, and plan experimental details leading to new robust sequencing-based assays.
- Design, implement, analyze and present experiments to demonstrate feasibility of new methods and efficiently move products through pipeline up to and including transfer to manufacturing and scale up.
- Optimize assay conditions to achieve commercial levels of stability, robustness, and performance.
- Lead and perform risk analyses and creation of test plans, procedures and reports.
- Be both a strong individual contributor as well as a collaborative team member.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues (cross-functional) and supervisors through oral updates, written reports and technical meetings.
- PhD in molecular biology, genetics, genomics, microbiology or related field
- 3 or more years experience in commercial product development or industrial setting
- Strong background in microbiology, genetics, genomics, biochemistry and a solid understanding of genetic assay development and bioinformatic data analysis required
- Subject matter expert in primer design and RNA/DNA assay
- Experience with next-generation sequencing and library preparation
- Demonstrated ability to plan experiments, analyze data sets, interpret results, troubleshoot experiments, prepare reports and present results
- Motivated, enthusiastic, detail-oriented, organized individual with a strong desire to innovate/develop new products. Desire to be a part of a fast-paced dynamic research and development environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive salary and early-stage incentive stock options
- Health insurance
- 4 hot meals / week