Industrial Postdoc- Bioengineering
We are seeking a multi-disciplinary, creative and driven scientist/engineer to join our dynamic start-up. The successful candidate will be involved in researching and developing novel scalable procedures for different steps of a complex targeted NGS assay and subsequently automating them on a standard robotic liquid handling platform.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Develop novel scalable methods for target cell/DNA/RNA capture, isolation, enrichment/concentration from liquid samples
- Collaborate with scientists & engineers to automate the methods on standard liquid handling platforms
- Design, implement, analyze and present experiments to demonstrate feasibility of new methods and efficiently move products through pipeline up to and including transfer to manufacturing and scale up
- Optimize assay conditions to achieve commercial levels of stability, robustness, and performance
- Be both a strong individual contributor as well as a collaborative team member
- Document and organize data and findings and prepare technical reports, white papers and presentations
- Communicate effectively with colleagues (cross-functional) and supervisors through oral updates, written reports and technical meetings
- PhD in Molecular biology, Bio engineering, Cell biology, Genomics, Microbiology or related field with strong publication record
- At least 2 years of lab experience leading technical projects independently in a rigorous academic or industrial setting is preferred
- Strong background in molecular assay procedures and automation methods
- High level of proficiency in data analysis and data visualization methods such as R, Python, Data Studio, etc.
- Experience with next-generation sequencing and multiplex PCR methods is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to plan experiments, analyze data sets, interpret results, troubleshoot experiments, prepare reports and present results
- Motivated, enthusiastic, detail-oriented, organized individual with a strong desire to innovate/develop new products. Desire to be a part of a fast-paced dynamic research and development environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- 4 hot meals / week
- Extensive medical, vision and dental plans
- Onsite massages once a week
- Monthly happy hours
- Lunch four days a week onsite