Senior Scientist - Product Development
We are seeking a talented and driven Senior Scientist to join our dynamic and fast-paced start-up. The successful candidate will be involved in product development of new molecular assays for detection and characterization of microorganisms.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Develop innovative DNA/RNA-based molecular tests using product development best practices.
- Optimize assays to achieve a high level of stability, robustness, and performance.
- Perform verification and validation testing with a high degree of scientific rigor.
- Provide technical leadership for experimental design and data analysis.
- Be a key contributor to the product design, including vetting user requirements and translating requirements into design specifications for the development of high quality, customer-focused products.
- Stay abreast of technological advances and implement as appropriate for product improvements (performance, COGs, throughput, etc.).
- Demonstrate the feasibility of new methods, and efficiently move products through pipeline up to and including transfer to manufacturing and scale-up.
- Identify and mitigate product and project risks.
- Contribute to both internal and customer-related troubleshooting efforts.
- Document work, and create presentations to communicate progress and assist with decision making.
- Conduct clear and concise communication with colleagues (cross-functional) and supervisors through oral updates, written reports, and technical meetings.
- Be both a strong individual contributor as well as a collaborative team member.
- Supervise junior associates.
- PhD/Msc in molecular biology, genetics, genomics, microbiology or related field.
- 5 or more years experience in commercial product development or industrial setting.
- Strong background in genetics, genomics, biochemistry, microbiology and a solid understanding of molecular biology assay development required.
- Demonstrated ability to plan experiments, analyze data sets, interprets results, trouble-shoot experiments, prepare reports, and present results.
- Experience with design, execution, and analysis of DOEs.
- Adept at troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Process and data-driven, with ability to adapt.
- Ability to deliver under tight timelines.
- Clear Labs offers solid Health Care, a 401k Plan, Food Catering, Massages, and an easy-going, open work environment.